Thursday, 19 February 2009

Bruns, C- Produsage

I think that produsage will last; I think with all types of technology, they are trying to push the boundaries and get the audience a lot more involved. This is highlighted with ideas in Lister, such as the immersive interactivity. The audience are now encouraged to be more involved in the virtual world, whether it’s on computer games, or by being able to have control on what is produced on websites. Commercial forces will probably end up exploiting it, like I mentioned in my previous post, the sites main priority is to get a large number of participants, not to allow people to say their own feelings. This may result in the websites developing this idea for commercial gain, trying to involve more participants for money. In my opinion this ‘produsage’ idea will be the future of the internet, because this involvement in different mediums is showed through the upgrading of all technologies. For example, immersive interactivity in gaming and the player having more control over what is happening on the screen, the interactivity of television and being able to press the ‘red button’ to control what you watch and the idea of being a ‘produser’ and controlling what is written on the internet. I think this idea is likely to continue developing on the internet and people will be able to control what is written on sites. That’s just my opinion though, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment