Wednesday, 4 February 2009
Week 3 Part 1 (c) Postmodern Views
The postmodern view that the internet is ‘interaction with no physical codes to locate gender, race of class’ Lister 167, may be true, and the postmodernism argument I believe is right. But, their view leads me on to think why would people want to ‘free’ themselves of the characteristics that makes them, them? Even though the internet is like a barrier, which can control how people perceive you, and the postmodernists were right in saying this, because the internet does hold a lot of power and the ability to do this. In this section they have failed to mention, why people would want to do this? And if they do hide their characteristics then should they be allowed to use the internet at all? The postmodernism seem to argue that the internet is a release, a place where people can speak freely without being influenced by any characteristics that affect them in real life. Personally, I would look at this as being dangerous, because me being comfortable with all the characteristics that come with me, would not hide or lie about things, if I’m in a situation where im comfortable to discuss things. If people go into a situation believing that they can change who they are, or keep major things like the age etc a secret, I think that it is highly dangerous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

rincy
ReplyDelete